Prep 30 mins
Cook 10 mins
- 36 wonton skins
- 2⁄3 cup chunky salsa
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 (15 1/4 ounce) canned whole kernel corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can canned black beans, rinsed, drained
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream, plus
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- fresh cilantro stem, as garnish
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Gently fit one wonton skin into each of 36 small muffin cups, pressing against bottom and side. Be careful not to tear skins.
- Bake 8 to 10 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Remove from pan and cool on a wire rack.
- Meanwhile, in a medium bowl, mix remaining ingredients except for sour cream and cilantro sprigs.
- Just before serving, spoon bean mixture into wonton cups.
- Top each with 1/2 teaspoon sour cream and garnish with sprigs.
I've dumped the spices before and just used hot salsa or made it per what it says. It always comes out great and is the first thing to be devoured off of a pot luck table.
I have made this a couple of times. It is always a big hit and looks colorful. I have also served it without the wonton cups and just used tortilla chips.