Quick and easy weeknight meal. These zesty tacos are from "Best of Sunset Weeknight". I have not tried these yet.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1/2 cup salsa (about)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 1/2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (6 oz.)
- 8 -12 flour tortillas (6 in. wide)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 8 oz.)
- 1Pour beans into a shallow 2- to 3 - quart casserole. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, and the cilantro. Top bean mixture with corn, then sprinkle with cheese.
- 2Bake in a 400 d F oven until mixture is hot throughout and cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Place in the oven until tortillas are warm, about 5 minutes.
- 3While bean mixture and tortillas heat, pit and peel avocado. Cut into thin wedges and arrange on a small serving plate. Sprinkle avocado with remaining lime juice.
- 4To assemble tacos, spoon bean and corn mixture into warm tortillas. Add avocado wedges and additional salsa to taste.
Browse Our Top North American Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All North American Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Corn Tacos
Serving Size: 1 (460 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 739.1
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 10.6 g
- Cholesterol 37.7 mg
- Sodium 811.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 98.1 g
- Dietary Fiber 21.8 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 33.9 g