Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
Quick and easy weeknight meal. These zesty tacos are from "Best of Sunset Weeknight". I have not tried these yet.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (about)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (6 oz.)
- 8 -12 flour tortillas (6 in. wide)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 8 oz.)
- Pour beans into a shallow 2- to 3 - quart casserole. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, and the cilantro. Top bean mixture with corn, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 400 d F oven until mixture is hot throughout and cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Place in the oven until tortillas are warm, about 5 minutes.
- While bean mixture and tortillas heat, pit and peel avocado. Cut into thin wedges and arrange on a small serving plate. Sprinkle avocado with remaining lime juice.
- To assemble tacos, spoon bean and corn mixture into warm tortillas. Add avocado wedges and additional salsa to taste.
This was really good. We used the filling in enchiladas and added some zucchini to the mixture. We used a cheddar jack mix (half in the mix and half on top of enchiladas). It made about 7 enchiladas (with some filling leftover). We at the leftover filling with tortilla chips. I would guess that the nutrition facts are a little off because this makes so much filling. I would say it would easily be six. We each only had room for 1 enchilada. Thanks for a super easy and, by my calculation, a very healthy dinner.
Yummy! This was really good. Like the last reviewer, I used less cheese because of the calories. I'm sure it would have been even more delicious had I used all the cheese called for. I used fresh salsa purchased from my grocery store which made the bean mixture watery. Next time I'll use a salsa with less liquid or I'll drain it first. I also used corn tortillas because I like them better than flour. This was super easy to make with great flavor. My husband enjoyed it as well!
I found this recipe to tag for the HealthyABC game and I knew I would enjoy it as soon as I saw it. I was right! It's PERFECT! All of the flavors I love, wrapped up in a tortilla! I chose to use corn tortillas as a healthier choice and used only half of the cheese called for(I was dying to use all of the cheese but managed to resist!) but other than that, I followed the recipe as written. It's wonderful, thanks for sharing!