Recipe by BecR
Quick and easy weeknight meal. These zesty tacos are from "Best of Sunset Weeknight". I have not tried these yet.
Top Review by sbera007
This was really good. We used the filling in enchiladas and added some zucchini to the mixture. We used a cheddar jack mix (half in the mix and half on top of enchiladas). It made about 7 enchiladas (with some filling leftover). We at the leftover filling with tortilla chips. I would guess that the nutrition facts are a little off because this makes so much filling. I would say it would easily be six. We each only had room for 1 enchilada. Thanks for a super easy and, by my calculation, a very healthy dinner.
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa (about)
- 2 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh cilantro
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn, thawed and drained
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded monterey jack pepper cheese (6 oz.)
- 8 -12 flour tortillas (6 in. wide)
- 1 firm-ripe avocado (about 8 oz.)
Directions See How It's Made
- Pour beans into a shallow 2- to 3 - quart casserole. Stir in 1/2 cup salsa, 1 tablespoon of the lime juice, and the cilantro. Top bean mixture with corn, then sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake in a 400 d F oven until mixture is hot throughout and cheese is bubbling, about 15 minutes. Meanwhile, stack tortillas and wrap in foil. Place in the oven until tortillas are warm, about 5 minutes.
- While bean mixture and tortillas heat, pit and peel avocado. Cut into thin wedges and arrange on a small serving plate. Sprinkle avocado with remaining lime juice.
- To assemble tacos, spoon bean and corn mixture into warm tortillas. Add avocado wedges and additional salsa to taste.