Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 hrs
This is just about the easiest soup that you can make and it has that southwestern flavor that my family loves. Just serve it with a salad and bread of choice and you have a warm meal on a cool night.
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breasts
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, wahsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) jar salsa
- grated cheddar cheese
- Spray Crock-pot with Pam.
- Pour both cans of corn into crock-pot.
- Pour beans on top of corn.
- Pour 1/3 of the salsa on top of corn and beans, stir.
- Place chicken on top of mixture, salt and pepper to taste; cover with the remaining salsa.
- Cook on high until chicken is tender (approximately 4 to 5 hours).
- Spoon into bowls and sprinkle with grated cheese.
I did this recipe on the stove as I don't have a crockpot. I also sliced and browned the chicken breasts. I cooked it for about 20mins. I enjoyed the recipe but I think I would cut back a bit on the corn next time I do it.
Thank you for a great recipe,I used 1 can creamed corn instead of just a can of corn. I also used a ham steak instead of chicken.and at the end I added cumin. I served it with brown rice . Next time I will use chicken. It's a great go to recipe fast and easy. Julie
This was SSSOOOOO good! Because I was pressed for time, I bought a pre-cooked chicken at the grocery store. I literally threw all the ingredients into a pot and used Chi Chi's medium salsa and 2 bags of frozen corn. I picked the white meat off the chicken and put that in. I stirred it altogether and cooked it for about an hour on medium to medium low heat. My husband could not stop raving about it. This will become a staple in our household this winter.