Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is from one of those cookbooks you purchase at the check out stand at the grocery store. I've adapted it to our families tastes. Great for a quick and easy weeknight supper. This can also be made in your crockpot and cooked on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Top Review by subaruthie
Fantastic! My husband claims to hate soup, but this one is hearty and exciting enough for him! I used a can of tomatoes with chilis, decreased the chili powder and cumin, and cooked on high for four hours in the slow cooker. This is a great addition to our menu!
- 453.59 g 96% lean ground beef
- 473.18 ml frozen corn
- 2 (850.48 g) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 411.06 g can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 473.18 ml beef broth
- 59.14 ml instant minced onion
- 2.46 ml garlic powder
- 4.92 ml cumin
- 14.78 ml chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray non-stick Dutch overn or large sauce pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ground beef and brown over medium-high heat.
- Drain beef on paper towels.
- Return beef to pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.