Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
This is from one of those cookbooks you purchase at the check out stand at the grocery store. I've adapted it to our families tastes. Great for a quick and easy weeknight supper. This can also be made in your crockpot and cooked on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
- Spray non-stick Dutch overn or large sauce pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ground beef and brown over medium-high heat.
- Drain beef on paper towels.
- Return beef to pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.
Fantastic! My husband claims to hate soup, but this one is hearty and exciting enough for him! I used a can of tomatoes with chilis, decreased the chili powder and cumin, and cooked on high for four hours in the slow cooker. This is a great addition to our menu!
We really liked this one. It was very quick and the ingredients were on hand. I added a spoonful of beef base just to enhance the flavor a little and also just a touch more chili powder and a couple dashes of salt. I made it on the stove top, but I think it would make an excellent slow cooker recipe. Really great recipe for a cold winter's day.
A soup lovers soup - the kind that has you going back for seconds. Not only good but easy to make as well. The combination of ingredients and seasonings were just right for us. Served this with freshly baked bread. Going to give this a go in the slow cooker next time around - will make for some extra outdoor time - love coming in and finding supper ready to go! Thank you for sharing. Made for Auz/NZ Swap.