Recipe by LARavenscroft
This is from one of those cookbooks you purchase at the check out stand at the grocery store. I've adapted it to our families tastes. Great for a quick and easy weeknight supper. This can also be made in your crockpot and cooked on low for 7-8 hours or on high for 3-4 hours.
Top Review by subaruthie
Fantastic! My husband claims to hate soup, but this one is hearty and exciting enough for him! I used a can of tomatoes with chilis, decreased the chili powder and cumin, and cooked on high for four hours in the slow cooker. This is a great addition to our menu!
- 1 lb 96% lean ground beef
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 2 cups beef broth
- 1⁄4 cup instant minced onion
- 1⁄2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 3 teaspoons chili powder
Directions See How It's Made
- Spray non-stick Dutch overn or large sauce pan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Add ground beef and brown over medium-high heat.
- Drain beef on paper towels.
- Return beef to pan.
- Add all remaining ingredients.
- Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat; cover and simmer 15 minutes to blend flavors.