Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
The original recipe came from a can of refried beans, but I have modified it to fit my tastes. This is the result!
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes (Use Rotel if you like the heat, regular if you don't)
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) canrosarita fat-free refried beans
- 2 cups frozen corn
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- cheese, to garnish with
- Combine tomatoes and broth in medium saucepan.
- Stir in refried beans until they are well combined.
- Add frozen corn, black beans, and onion.
- Bring to a boil. Reduce heat to low and simmer 10 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Serve with cheese on top if desired.
Super easy! It's filling and not loaded with fat. I made this just as written, using the original Rotel. I was good, but I thought it needed some spices. I added garlic, about 1 tsp of smoked paprika and about 1 tbsp cumin and simmered it about 10 more minutes. Those additions really did the trick. It was out of this world! Thanx for posting!
I absolutely love soup! I liked the ease of preparation, it was ready in 20 minutes. I halved the recipe, used canned corn, and topped with sharp cheddar and sour cream. I will make this again. Thanks beccalynn. Sue