Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is so good! I make this for football parties all the time; usually it is the first to go. This can be made ahead of time and baked right before it's time to eat. ** this recipe works well using Black Bean and Corn Salsa (Low Fat) by Kittencal
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (16 ounce) jar corn and black bean salsa
- 1 cup refried beans
- 2 cups shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- black olives
- 2 chopped roma tomatoes
- Spread cream cheese in bottom of 8-in baking dish.
- In a bowl, warm refried beans in microwave for 2-3 minutes, then spread over cream cheese.
- Pour salsa over beans.
- Sprinkle cheese on top.
- Cover and bake 20 minutes. Remove cover and continue baking until cheese melts (about 10 minutes.).
- Garnish with black olives and tomatoes. Serve with tortilla chips.
This is just plain delicious! I love Mexican food and this is so easy to prepare! It's great as an appetizer, but I can make a meal out of it! Great recipe Debi! Thanks for posting!Made for Chef's Pick at KK.
Made this up for KK's Forum Chefs Pick event. Ohhh my Gosh, I'll bet if you make this you won't be happy with just one helping, it is so doggone good! I made Black Bean and Corn Salsa which was in need of review and photo, and instead of tomatoes which are a No No for my digestive tract, I used chopped pimento which IMHO did not take one thing away from this recipe. Thank you Kitty for a wonderful Party recipe.
As BakinB stated... Oh my Kitty! with a little added minced garlic and lots of Tabasco sauce this is a huge hit, and yes please do use sharp cheddar it really adds to the flavor, great dip recipe and one I will make again soon, this was made for KK's Chef's Pick event, thanks for posting Kitty!