Recipe by Ashley Maassen
I saw an open bag of tortilla chips last night and was instantly starving for some salsa. Being at a loss of ingredients, I improvised. My boyfriend discovered that this also makes an amazing vegetarian burrito when thrown on a flour tortilla with some cheese and sour cream. Everything is pretty much just a guideline. Add or remove whatever you like.
Top Review by Shana C
I thought the cumin was way too strong and that is all I could taste. I tried to add other ingredients to salvage the dish but I was not able to. I do not think I will make this recipe again.
- 1 (15 ounce) candiced tomatoes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn
- 1 onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced or crushed or 2 cloves garlic salt
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cumin
- 1⁄2 tablespoon cayenne pepper
- salt and pepper, to taste
- cilantro, to taste (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Place all the ingredients in a large bowl.
- Mix to combine.
- Let it sit for a while if you like, it's completely not necessary.
- I know I couldn't let it sit.
- To make into a burrito: Layer salsa, cheese, and Tabasco (if you're like the boy) on flour tortilla.
- Microwave 45 seconds.
- Top with sour cream and serve.