Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Sent to me from allrecipes.com This is great!
- 1⁄2 cup balsamic vinaigrette
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoned pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cumin
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 (15 ounce) cans whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped green onion
- 1⁄2 cup red bell pepper, chopped
- In a small bowl, mix together vinaigrette, seasoned pepper, cilantro, cayenne pepper, and cumin. Set dressing aside.
- In a large bowl, stir together beans, corn, onion, green onions, and red bell pepper. Toss with dressing. Cover, and refrigerate overnight. Toss again before serving.
very yummy!! i didnt have balsamic vinaigrette so i mixed 1/4 balsamic vinegar, a splash of olive oil, the juice of one lime, some cumin, chili powder and minced garlic & served with some bbq'd cajun flavored chicken breast. i chopped the leftover chicken (chicken breasts are so big these days!!) and tossed it with this leftover salad and had for lunch at work the next day after i heated it up in the microwave...2 great meals and its wonderful hot or cold!
I found this recipe and thought it would be a wonderful dish for a summer birthday party that I was attending. I was completely correct! Not only is it colorful and looks nice, it TASTES wonderful and is very, very filling. I do not like red peppers or balsamic vinegar and I love this recipe. The tastes just all blend very well together. I didn't make this recipe with the vinaigrette that was mentioned - instead I "made" one from a recipe and used 1/8c of olive oil and 3/8c of balsamic vinegar and put in a little garlic powder. It turned out awesome! Kudos to the creator of this recipe - it's a keeper!!