Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Cool, colorful, tasty, and what's more--EASY!
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can white beans, such as navy beans, drained (I didn't have any, so I used black eyed peas)
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn, drained (or similar amount cooked frozen corn)
- 3⁄4 cup bottled roasted red pepper, chopped (or 1 c fresh red bell pepper)
- 4 -5 tablespoons cilantro, chopped, plus additional for garnish
- 1⁄2 cup red onion, chopped
- 4 tablespoons lime juice, plus one additional lime cut into 6-8 wedges for serving
- 5 tablespoons olive oil (I used much less)
- salt & freshly ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 avocados, cut into 12 thin wedges
- 2 -3 tomatoes, cut into slices
- Mix all, through salt and pepper.
- Divide salad in serving bowls, mounding it in the middle.
- Fan avocado slices along one side of bowl.
- Fan tomato slices along other side of bowl.
- Add a wedge of lime on each bowl or plate.
- If desired, garnish with cilantro.
- Note-you can prepare a few hours ahead to give flavors time to blend. We ate it 2 days later, and it was still good.