Prep 20 mins
Cook 5 mins
A spicy, crisp, fresh vegetable salad. This salad should be made several hours before it is served....to marinate the vegetables and blend the flavors. I personally don't cook the corn I cut from the cobb, just a personal preference. If corn isn't in season a good quality frozen corn is a perfect substitution - I don't even defrost it! The produce you use should be top quality for a superior result.
- 2 (15 ounce) cansrinsed & drained black beans
- 3 ears corn on the cob
- 3 -4 tablespoons lime juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1 chopped red pepper
- 2 chopped and seeded tomatoes
- 3 minced jalapeno peppers, seeds removed
- 1 chopped purple onion, small
- 1 chopped peeled seeded avocado
- 1⁄4 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- Cook corn in boiling water to cover 5 minutes; drain and cool. Cup corn from cob.
- Whisk together lime juice and next 4 ingredients in a large bowl. Add corn, black beans, and remaining ingredients; toss to coat. Cover and chill 2 hours.
Wonderful recipe -our go to side dish. Whole family loves it! Made it as is at least 5 times already, and now that it's summer, expect we will use it a lot. Thanks!
Refreshing salad to serve alongside grilled chicken and roasted potatoes. I only had 2 cans of corn, 1 can black beans, 1/2 tomato, 1/2 red onion and 1 jalapeno on hand so I made a modified version of this. Also added some sugar for a little sweetness. Delicious! This could probably make a great salsa served with tositos scoops.