Refreshing! Light! Great way to use that last cob of grilled corn. Gives the dish a light smokey flavor. Good for picnics, camping,& pot luck. Makes a good side as well as a meal. Using it as a relish to top grilled salmon or tuna. Try dipping tortilla chips into it.
- 78.07 ml olive oil
- 29.58 ml fresh lime juice
- 14.79 ml red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 7.39 ml ground cumin
- 7.39 ml dried oregano
- salt, to taste (I having high blood pressure skip it totally)
- 1.23 ml sugar
- 0.59 ml black pepper
- 425.24 g can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 425.24 g can corn, rinsed and drained (fresh grilled is best)
- 177.44 ml red onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml tomato, diced
- 118.29 ml sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded-and finely chopped
- 59.14 ml fresh cilantro (I like to mix all three) or 59.14 ml parsley (I like to mix all three) or 59.14 ml basil, finely chopped (I like to mix all three)
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the bean mixture and toss until all ingredients are coated.