Refreshing! Light! Great way to use that last cob of grilled corn. Gives the dish a light smokey flavor. Good for picnics, camping,& pot luck. Makes a good side as well as a meal. Using it as a relish to top grilled salmon or tuna. Try dipping tortilla chips into it.
- 1⁄3 cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons ground cumin
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons dried oregano
- salt, to taste (I having high blood pressure skip it totally)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, rinsed and drained (fresh grilled is best)
- 3⁄4 cup red onion, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup tomato, diced
- 1⁄2 cup sweet red pepper, chopped
- 2 jalapenos, seeded-and finely chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro (I like to mix all three) or 1⁄4 cup parsley (I like to mix all three) or 1⁄4 cup basil, finely chopped (I like to mix all three)
- In a large bowl, combine salad ingredients.
- In a small bowl whisk together dressing ingredients.
- Pour over the bean mixture and toss until all ingredients are coated.