Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 mins
I got this recipe recently from a friend who served it with King Ranch casserole. Everyone loved it and the eight of us finished it off at that meal! It's very tasty, easy to make, and is a colorful salad that goes well with any Mexican-themed menu or grilled meat. Prep time does not include chilling time.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 cup frozen corn kernels, thawed
- 1 cup diced red bell pepper
- 3⁄4 cup onion, diced
- 1⁄3 cup cilantro, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Bring first seven ingredients (vinegars through the garlic) to a boil; reduce heat and simmer 2 minutes, or until sugar is dissolved.
- Combine remaining ingredients in a serving bowl.
- Pour dressing over and stir to combine everything well.
- Cover and chill at least one hour before serving.
Great side for Fajitas! Quick and easy and I loved the combination of flavors. I used green onions because that is what I had on hand and canned corn instead of frozen. I think some diced, fresh tomatoes would be a good addition to this salad. This one is a keeper!
I was looking for a quick corn bean salad to accompany teriyaki salmon and quesadillas for the kids. This was so fast to stir up, since you didn't have to make the dressing separately. I liked the combo of vinegars and the brown sugar adds nice zesty flavor with the cumin. I also added some chopped tomato. Thanks Leslie, for another terrific recipe! Roxygirl
Just loved it! The presentation was beautiful with all the colors and textures and the sweet/sour marinade was perfect! I replaced the red peppers with grape tomatoes and carrot slices to suit personal tastes and upped the corn amount just to empty a partial bag in my freezer. Next time, I may toss in a few sliced jalpenos to satisfy the hot-heads. Definitely goes in my to-make-again file. Thanks for posting!