Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is from a Cooking Light magazine. You can eat it as a salad, or as an appetizer served with tortilla chips.
- 1⁄4 cup balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1 cup fresh whole kernel corn or 1 cup frozen whole kernel corn, thawed
- 1 cup chopped red bell pepper
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 1⁄3 cup minced fresh cilantro, optional
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- Bring the first 7 ingredients to a boil in a small saucepan.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 2 minutes or until sugar dissolves.
- Combine vinegar mixture, corn, and remaining ingredients in a large bowl; cover and chill.
I found the dressing to be very powerful, so I only used about one quarter of it. I used one red pepper and it was not near one cup, but I found it just right. The taste was great. People at work who saw me eating it wanted to know what was in it,(another Recipezaar referral!).
we love this LOW FAT dish. We mostly use it as a salsa. adding some mango and reducing the balsamic, made a nice twist. Thanks Joy for this wonderful conversation piece.