Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
Believe it or not, I got the idea for this recipe from Guy Fieri's cooking show on Food Network. Being a VEG, I can't say that I take too much inspiration from his show, but this recipe really caugh my eye. I made a few changes to suit my style and taste. What a wonderful mix of flavors this was. I did leave out the jalapenos, because they didn't have ANY at the store, and because one of my guests does not like spicy food. BUT, I will most certaily add them back the next time I make this. I also used agave syrup in place of honey, to keep it vegan. **Jalapenos do not make it too spicy at all! In fact the second and third times I've made this the "heat sensitive" people did not even notice. I think they balance the sweet and tangyness of the dressing...
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1⁄4 cup red onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, diced
- 1⁄4 cup pineapple, diced
- 1 tablespoon cilantro leaf, chopped
- 1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 3 tablespoons sherry wine vinegar
- 1⁄2 lime, juiced
- 3 tablespoons agave nectar or 3 tablespoons honey
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 teaspoon black pepper
- 1 pinch ground cumin (or more to taste)
- Mix all ingredients in a bowl and refrigerate for 1 hour.
This is a great bean salad! I enjoyed this very much, not to mention that this disappeared very quickly, in my house.