Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe was adapted from a Cooking Light recipe many years ago. I cut the oil because it didn't need it and changed a few other things as well. This is my favorite summer food and one I use when trying to lose a few pounds.
- 1⁄2 cup lime juice
- 1⁄4 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon cumin
- 1 cup chopped cilantro
- 1 medium avocado
- 4 -5 tomatoes, diced
- 1 (14 ounce) can white shoepeg corn, drained
- 1⁄2-1 jalapeno, seeded and minced
- 1 (14 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and diced
- salt, to taste
- Combine lime juice, vinegar and cumin in a small bowl.
- Add tomatoes through beans to a large lidded container.
- Pour lime juice mixture over vegetables and sprinkle in the salt, one teaspoon at a time, until it tastes right to you. I generally add about a tablespoon.
I really enjoyed this salad! It was good by itself but even better as a dip with corn chips! The lime and cumin were terrific as a dressing. I added a little more jalapeno than called for as we like it spicy! Thanks for posting this recipe! Made for Fall PAC 2008