Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
A quick and easy recipe to prepare. Can be used as a side dish or salsa.
Make and share this Black Bean and Corn Salad recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1 (10 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄4 cup fresh cilantro, chopped
- 1⁄8 cup red onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- Combine all ingredients in a bowl.
- Refrigerate until ready to serve.
I made this for Sushiman's Mexican Standoff last night, and it was a lovely addition to the menu. When I first tasted it before serving I thought it didn't have enough bite to it so I added quite a bit more lemon juice, didn't measure, just kept squeezing away until it tasted just right. I think it also needed more onion, for this amount a whole small red onion should suffice. After making these changes it was a lovely salad, thanks!
The olive oil over powered it. I ended up rinsing the salad and putting a tablespoon of sour cream. Ended up ok but I probably will not make it again.
Good salad. But you have to let it sit overnight so all the flavors can meld. Everyone at the party liked it.