Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
A wonderful salad for summer from a junior league cookbook.
- 3⁄4 cup Italian salad dressing
- 3⁄4 teaspoon Tabasco sauce
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice or 1 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cilantro
- 1 (12 ounce) can corn, drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 medium tomatoes, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped red onion
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced scallion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 jalapeno pepper, seeded and finely chopped
- Combine Italian dressing, Tabasco, chili powder, citrus juice and cilantro in a jar and shake well; set aside.
- Combine remaining ingredients till evenly mixed.
- Cover salad with dressing and chill at least 4 hours but the salad will be at its best if made the day before serving.
- Serve cool or at room temperature.
A family favorite! Sometimes I add jack cheese in a tiny dice.
Can't believe no one has reviewed this in a while..............WOW! So good, so simple - and that's just after it's made! Can't wiat to see what it's like after it marinates overnight :)
I just brought this salad to a company luncheon and EVERYONE loved it. Several people asked for the recipe. I used fat free dressing for a healthier version and no one even noticed. Although it looks like it might be quite spicy, it has just the right amount of kick.