Recipe by CaliforniaJan
These are really cheesy, a little bit spicy, and a little bit sweet. Feel free to play around and add chicken or veggies, if you desire. Don't forget the salsa and sour cream! I use dishes like this as a staple on my successful Weight Watchers program.
Top Review by LuckyMomof3
These were delicious. Added chicken breast cooked in packaged fajita spice for DH, but I ate them made as directed. They are a beautifull blend of sweet and spicy. Also, I used half the amount of Monterey Jack cheese and for the other half used jalapeno mozzarella. Yum! Recipe saved and will definitely be used again, thanks for sharing!
- 9.85 ml olive oil
- 44.37 ml finely chopped onions
- 439.41 g can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 283.49 g can whole kernel corn, drained
- 14.79 ml brown sugar
- 59.14 ml salsa
- 1.23 ml red pepper flakes
- 29.58 ml butter, divided
- 8 (64 inch) flour tortillas, look for whole wheat, low calorie
- 354.88 ml shredded monterey jack cheese, divided
- salsa, for garnish
- sour cream, for topping if desired
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in a large saucepan over medium heat. Stir in onion, and cook until softened, about 2 minutes. Stir in beans and corn, then add sugar, salsa, and pepper flakes; mix well. Cook until heated through, about 3 minutes.
- Melt 2 teaspoons of the butter in a large skillet over medium heat. Place a tortilla in the skillet, sprinkle evenly with cheese, then top with some of the bean mixture. Place another tortilla on top, cook until golden, then flip and cook on the other side. Repeat with remaining tortillas and filling.