Prep 15 mins
Cook 30 mins
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in 1-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 medium green bell pepper, chopped
- 4 teaspoons chili powder
- 2 teaspoons ground cumin (McCormick)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder (McCormick)
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can great northern beans, undrained
- 1 (14 1/2 ounce) can diced tomatoes, undrained
- 1 (8 3/4 ounce) can whole kernel corn, drained
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- Heat oil in large skillet on medium-high heat. Add chicken, bell pepper and onion; cook and stir 7 to 8 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Heat small nonstick skillet on medium heat 2 minutes. Add chili powder, cumin and garlic; toast 30 seconds or until aromatic, stirring constantly. Add to chicken mixture.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Bring to boil. Reduce heat to low; simmer 20 minutes.
- Our suggested serve: Plate some chili over cornbread and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
A flavorful and colorful chili! The toasting of the spices was a nice touch, providing a great taste. Nice and quick to prepare too. I omitted the salt (personal preference). Thanks for sharing!
Loved your chili, although I did cut back on the amount of chili powder, using just a little over 2 teaspoons of it! I also used just 1/8 teaspoon of salt, but other than that . . . Delightful chili, & we appreciate you having posted the recipe! Thanks for sharing it! [Made & reviewed in the current ADOPT A TAG event]
Easy and delicious! It was even better the next day!