Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
Taco or nacho filling
- 2 chicken breasts, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 8 ounces frozen corn, thawed
- 1⁄4 cup salsa
- crunchy taco shells or corn chips
- sour cream (optional)
- shredded cheddar cheese (optional)
- shredded lettuce (optional)
- olive (optional)
- tomatoes (optional)
- Cook chicken until done. Add salsa. Drain beans in a colander and add corn. Run hot water over them to thaw corn and rinse beans. Drain well. Add beans and corn to pan. Mix well and cook until heated through, about 5 minutes.
- Spoon into taco shells and garnish with sour cream, cheese, lettuce, olives, or tomato. We like to crunch up corn chips into a bowl and make it into a taco salad.
Really simple, delicious and versatile. We put it in tortillas the first night and then made nachos out of the leftovers two days later. I added a bit of cumin to the chicken as it cooked. Thanks for posting.
This is easy to make, and gives an interesting twist to a simple taco/wrap! I added a teaspoon of cumin which jazzed up the flavor a little bit but would also be great just as is.