Recipe by Missy in Montana
I created this recipe on a dreary February day when I was craving something with a little southwestern flavor. The creamy broth with hearty vegetables and tender chicken is very satisfying and makes a delicious meal served with tortilla chips for dipping. This could easily be made a vegetarian soup also, by substituting cream of mushroom or celery soup and omitting the chicken.
- 1 (8 ounce) chicken breasts, may be frozen
- 1 (10 3/4 ounce) can cream of chicken soup
- 1 (16 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweet corn, drained and rinsed
- 1⁄2 cup chopped white onion
- 1⁄2 cup chopped celery
- 5 ounces milk
- 2 teaspoons taco seasoning
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 teaspoon dried cilantro
- 1⁄2 cup grated cheddar cheese
- tortilla chips
Directions See How It's Made
- Boil chicken breast in water for 10-20 minutes or until juices run clear and chicken is done. Dice chicken and set aside.
- Mix cream of chicken soup with 1/2 can water and 1/2 can milk and heat through, about 5 minutes on medium heat.
- Add taco seasoning, cumin, and cilantro, stir.
- Add onion and celery, cook on low about 5 minutes.
- Add black beans, sweet corn, and chicken.
- Cook on low for 10-20 minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Serve topped with grated cheese and with tortilla chips for dipping. Enjoy!