1/4 Photos of Black Bean and Chicken Soup
5 hrs 20 mins
Amanda Beth's Note:
This is so tasty, and healthy too! We love black beans. Prep time does not include soaking and cooking the beans, but does include cooking the chicken. You can, of course, substitute canned beans, just drain them. The soup can also be frozen in a sturdy plastic container, or a ziploc bag. To serve, defrost and heat in microwave or on stovetop.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1 lb black beans, soaked, cooked, and drained
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cut in bite size pieces
- 1/2 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large onions, diced
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans diced tomatoes, one can drained only
- 2 cups corn
- 2 (14 ounce) cans chicken broth (I use 99% fat free)
- 2 tablespoons cumin
- 2 tablespoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons black pepper
- 1Sprinkle chicken pieces with 1/2 tsp cumin, 1/2 tsp garlic powder, and 1/4 tsp black pepper.
- 2Cook on medium high heat in small about of oil, until chicken is cooked through and lightly browned, or about 5-7 minutes.
- 3Combine all ingredients and cooked chicken in crockpot.
- 4Stir well, and taste to make sure spices are how you like them.
- 5Cook on high heat one hour, then low for 3-4 hours, or for however long you need it to cook.
- 6It will be done when you are ready for it.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Chicken Soup
Serving Size: 1 (268 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 161.5
- Calories from Fat 21
- Total Fat 2.3 g
- Saturated Fat 0.4 g
- Cholesterol 24.2 mg
- Sodium 269.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 21.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 5.5 g
- Sugars 4.2 g
- Protein 15.0 g