Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
Super simple. Great main-dish salad, made with one of my favorite cheeses!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 1 cup cooked chicken, shredded
- 1 cup prepared salsa
- 4 ounces gruyere cheese, cut into 1/2 inch cubes
- 1 (16 ounce) package mixed salad greens or 1 (16 ounce) package spinach
- In a large bowl, combine all ingredients except greens.
- Arrange greens on a large serving platter.
- Mound bean mixture on top.
Excellent, with a few additions. I cut up 2 breasts of chicken into ~1 in cubes and then coated them with leftover Emeril's Rustic Rub that we had stored in the kitchen (which is a combination of paprika, cayenne, black pepper, salt, garlic powder, onion powder, thyme, and oregano). Also, instead of using 2 cans of black beans, I used only 1 can plus 1 can of corn. It turned out delicious, and my fiance loved the extra kick of the spices on the chicken! Thanks for a tasty and easy recipe.