This is a recipe that my mom and I came up with. My hubby loves it and requests it often. For a quick version, try buying a pre-cooked box of seasoned fajita chicken instead of cooking your own. You can also buy black bean dip in a pinch.
- Saute chicken and onion over med-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and onions are transparent.
- In food processor or blender, combine black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning and blend until creamy.
- Distribute beans evenly between 5 tortillas and spread to about 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Distribute cooked chicken and onion over beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with the other tortillas and cook quesadillas over med-high heat until golden brown, flipping once.
- You can use vegetable oil or cooking spray when cooking quesadillas.
- While cooking quesadillas, mix sour cream with chili powder and taco seasoning to taste.
- This makes a killer sour cream dip for the quesadillas.
- Serve hot with sour cream dip, guacamole, and salsa.