1/2 Photos of Black Bean and Chicken Quesadillas
This is a recipe that my mom and I came up with. My hubby loves it and requests it often. For a quick version, try buying a pre-cooked box of seasoned fajita chicken instead of cooking your own. You can also buy black bean dip in a pinch.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Saute chicken and onion over med-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and onions are transparent.
- 2In food processor or blender, combine black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning and blend until creamy.
- 3Distribute beans evenly between 5 tortillas and spread to about 1/4 inch of the edge.
- 4Distribute cooked chicken and onion over beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
- 5Top with the other tortillas and cook quesadillas over med-high heat until golden brown, flipping once.
- 6You can use vegetable oil or cooking spray when cooking quesadillas.
- 7While cooking quesadillas, mix sour cream with chili powder and taco seasoning to taste.
- 8This makes a killer sour cream dip for the quesadillas.
- 9Serve hot with sour cream dip, guacamole, and salsa.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Chicken Quesadillas
Serving Size: 1 (262 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 5
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 384.4
- Calories from Fat 55
- Total Fat 6.1 g
- Saturated Fat 1.5 g
- Cholesterol 52.6 mg
- Sodium 597.2 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 49.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 31.9 g