Recipe by Melissa_8201
This is a recipe that my mom and I came up with. My hubby loves it and requests it often. For a quick version, try buying a pre-cooked box of seasoned fajita chicken instead of cooking your own. You can also buy black bean dip in a pinch.
Top Review by LUVMY2BOYS
Very yummy! I've been looking for a decent quesadilla recipe for quite awhile! I had some problems trying to "blend" the beans (made a little mess!)-next time I think I'll just mash them since they're quite soft already. I used whole wheat tortillas, low sodium beans & low sodium taco seas. I cooked them on med/high but next time will cook on med, as they browned quite quickly! I used canola oil cooking spray, too. Served with just plain sour cream. Next time I might try fat free refried beans for some variety. A keeper!
- 1 lb boneless skinless chicken breast, cubed
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained
- 1⁄2 cup salsa
- 1 -2 teaspoon taco seasoning
- shredded cheese
- 10 flour tortillas
- sour cream
- chili powder
- vegetable oil
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Saute chicken and onion over med-high heat until chicken is no longer pink and onions are transparent.
- In food processor or blender, combine black beans, salsa, and taco seasoning and blend until creamy.
- Distribute beans evenly between 5 tortillas and spread to about 1/4 inch of the edge.
- Distribute cooked chicken and onion over beans, and sprinkle with cheese.
- Top with the other tortillas and cook quesadillas over med-high heat until golden brown, flipping once.
- You can use vegetable oil or cooking spray when cooking quesadillas.
- While cooking quesadillas, mix sour cream with chili powder and taco seasoning to taste.
- This makes a killer sour cream dip for the quesadillas.
- Serve hot with sour cream dip, guacamole, and salsa.