from Cooking Light Magazine
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 7 3/4 ounces salsa de chile fresco
- 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded queso blanco
- 1Preheat oven to 450.
- 2Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- 3Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- 4Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- 5Add chicken, cook 30 seconds.
- 6Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in beans.
- 7Add broth and salsa to pan, bring to a boil.
- 8Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- 9Place half of tortilla strips in bottom of an 11 x 7 baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
- 10Layer half of chicken mixture over tortillas, top with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- 11Pour broth mixture evenly over chicken mixture.
- 12Sprinkle with cheese.
- 13Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Chicken Chilaquiles
Serving Size: 1 (187 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 305.2
- Calories from Fat 50
- Total Fat 5.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.3 g
- Cholesterol 39.2 mg
- Sodium 61.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.6 g
- Sugars 1.6 g
- Protein 22.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
salsa de chile fresco