Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 35 mins
Cook 10 mins
from Cooking Light Magazine
Make and share this Black Bean and Chicken Chilaquiles recipe from Food.com.
- cooking spray
- 1 cup thinly sliced onion
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 cups shredded cooked chicken breasts
- 15 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 7 3⁄4 ounces salsa de chile fresco
- 15 (6 inch) corn tortillas, cut into 1-inch strips
- 1 cup shredded queso blanco
- Preheat oven to 450.
- Heat a large nonstick skillet over medium-high heat. Coat pan with cooking spray.
- Add onion; saute 5 minutes or until lightly browned.
- Add garlic, saute 1 minute.
- Add chicken, cook 30 seconds.
- Transfer mixture to a medium bowl; stir in beans.
- Add broth and salsa to pan, bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, stirring occasionally. Set aside.
- Place half of tortilla strips in bottom of an 11 x 7 baking dish, coated with cooking spray.
- Layer half of chicken mixture over tortillas, top with remaining tortillas and chicken mixture.
- Pour broth mixture evenly over chicken mixture.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake at 450 for 10 minutes or until tortillas are lightly browned and cheese is melted.
Fabulous recipe! I've made it several times and everyone loves it, even my fussy kids. I have made it with both regular salsa and green salsa(tomatillos). The tomatillo version is my fav. Thanks!
Delicious! Wonderful flavor and quick to put together. Good for you--black beans and chicken. I added 4 stalks of celery, chopped, and had to saute longer--about 10 minutes because of the celery. I also added chopped black olives and green onions after it came out of the oven. This freezes well, too. Made for Fall PAC.
Yum! I used canned turkey and flour tortillas and was afraid they would ruin it, but it was great! I can't wait to try it with the chicken and corn tortillas. It was pretty easy to put together too. Great recipe!