Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
Colourful salad, that can be eaten as a side dish or main course served on a bed of mixed greens.
- 2 cups water
- 1 cup dry Bulgar wheat
- 1 coloured bell pepper, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup chopped red onion
- 1 cup cooked corn (and cooled under tap water)
- 1 (19 ounce) can black beans
- 2 tomatoes, chopped
- 2 tablespoons chopped parsley
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups mixed greens (as bed for salad)
- 1⁄2 cup feta (to crumble on top)
- Bring water (2 cups) to a boil, add bulgar (1 cup), boil rapidly for 2 minutes, reduce heat and simmer until bulgar is cooked and water has been absorbed. Cool bulgar in refridgerator (optional). Remaining ingredients can be mixed in a bowl and bulgar added when desired.
This is so delicous! I love the crunch of the veggies and the chewy texture of the bulgar.
This was okay, but really required more vinegar and seasonings than the amounts listed. I like the idea of it and will tweak it to our tastes. Thanks!