2 hrs 10 mins
1 hr 30 mins
I made this up with ingredients I had on hand one night, and it won an "Honorable Mention" in Good Housekeeping one month!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 cups cooked brown rice
- 14 ounces canned black beans, rinsed and drained
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic, pressed
- 1/2 whole onion, sliced
- 1 whole green bell pepper, sliced
- 1 whole red bell pepper, sliced
- 1 whole yellow bell pepper, sliced
- 2 whole tomatoes, diced
- 1/2 lb mushroom, sliced
- 1/4 cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 tablespoon celery seed
- 2 tablespoons ground cumin
- 2 cups shredded cheddar cheese
- 1/2 cup parmesan cheese
- 1Cook 1 cup rice according to package directions, about 50 minutes.
- 2In 2 TB olive oil, saute peppers, garlic and onion until onion is soft but not brown.
- 3Add tomatoes and mushrooms and seasonings, and steam, covered for about 5-10 minutes.
- 4Add rinsed beans to cooked rice, and line the casserole dish with the bean and rice mixture.
- 5Add the sauteed vegetables to the top of this, and top all with cheeses.
- 6Bake at 350 for 25 minutes, or until cheeses are melted.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Brown Rice Casserole
Serving Size: 1 (339 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 410.7
- Calories from Fat 190
- Total Fat 21.2 g
- Saturated Fat 10.2 g
- Cholesterol 46.8 mg
- Sodium 630.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 8.1 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 21.0 g