1/1 Photo of Black Bean and Bell Pepper Soup
christie lynne's Note:
A colorful and delicious vegetarian soup
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 1 garlic clove, peeled and minced
- 1 (10 ounce) can Rotel tomatoes & chilies, undrained
- 1 (29 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 cup whole wheat elbow macaroni
- 4 cups vegetable broth
- 1 teaspoon cumin (or to taste)
- sour cream (garnish)
- extra-sharp cheddar cheese, shredded (garnish)
- tortilla chips (garnish)
- 1Saute the green and red bell peppers, onion, and garlic in olive oil over medium heat until softened, about 6-8 minutes.
- 2In a separate sauce pot, bring salted water to a boil and cook the elbow macaroni according to the package directions. Drain, return to pot, and mix with a little olive oil to prevent sticking.
- 3Add broth, beans, and Rotel diced tomatoes and chiles to the onion/bell pepper mixture.
- 4Season with cumin and simmer for 10-15 minutes.
- 5Just before serving, add cooked elbow macaroni to the soup.
- 6Garnish individual bowls of soup with shredded cheddar cheese, crushed tortilla chips and a dollop of sour cream.
Browse Our Top One-Dish Meal Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All One-Dish Meal Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Bell Pepper Soup
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 257.2
- Calories from Fat 49
- Total Fat 5.5 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 194.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 42.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 11.1 g
- Sugars 2.1 g
- Protein 12.2 g
The following items or measurements are not included: