Roxygirl in Colorado's Note:
The dates make this dressing thick and sweet. Everyone always wants the recipe for this one! Recipe can be halved successfully.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1/2 cup water
- 16 dates, pitted and finely chopped (about 4 ounces)
- 1/2 cup fresh lime juice (I've used lemon juice, too)
- 6 tablespoons olive oil
- 4 teaspoons dried oregano
- 4 teaspoons honey
- 4 teaspoons ground cumin
- 4 teaspoons ground coriander (I omit)
- 2Boil water and dates in small saucepan 2 minutes.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Cover and let stand 1 hour to soften.
- 5Transfer date mixture to blender.
- 6Add lime juice, oil, oregano, honey, cumin, and coriander and puree.
- 7Season to taste with salt and pepper.
- 8(Can be made ahead 1 day. Cover and Refrigerate. Let stand until room temperature to serve).
- 9Combine black beans, chopped bell peppers, onion, and parsley in large bowl.
- 10Toss salad with enough vinaigrette to coat.
- 11(Can be made 6 hours ahead. Let stand until room temperature to serve.).
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Bell Pepper Salad With Date Dressing
Serving Size: 1 (170 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 12
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 244.7
- Calories from Fat 69
- Total Fat 7.6 g
- Saturated Fat 1.1 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 5.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 36.8 g
- Dietary Fiber 10.6 g
- Sugars 8.8 g
- Protein 9.9 g