Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is an adaptation to a Pilsbury recipe. It is fast, easy and tastes fantastic. Peppers can be added. This recipe is very customizable.
- Cook onions, add beef.
- Half way through the browning process add tomatoes and beans.
- Over medium heat finish browning the meat.
- Add water and taco seasoning, reduce heat to low and simmer cover for 15 minutes.
- While meat is simmering, preheat oven to 350.
- in a 13x9in dish unroll the seamless crescent.
- Put meat mixture on top of the crescent.
- Sprinkle with cheese.
- Bake for 20 minutes or until crescent is light golden brown.
I am pleased to be the first to review this recipe. I did most of the recipe as written. I did, however, drain the black beans and add about 1/2 of a red pepper chopped. Overall the recipe was very tasty as is. If I were to add or change anything it would be...the last 5 minutes in the skillet I would do uncovered to decrease some of the excess water, add so chopped green chilis to give it another depth of flavor, and maybe bake the cresent roll (used as a crust on the bottom) for a bit before adding the meat mixture. (The middle of the casserole bread layer was a bit soggy.) If you let the casserole set for about 30 minutes or so after baking it will be easier to put on the plate. Obviously, I didn't do that for the photo and it fell apart. Thanks Harmoni for sharing your recipe. Made for PAC Spring 2012.