1/4 Photos of Black Bean and Bacon Soup
I really love this soup! I love how everything is pureed except for the crumbled bacon and green onions at the end. If you like a chunky soup, you could omit pureeing the soup or just puree half of the mixture! This recipe can easily be done in the crockpot, too. Great served with cornbread. Enjoy!!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 6 -8 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 3 tablespoons bacon drippings
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 stalks celery, thinly sliced
- 2 carrots, finely chopped
- 1 -2 serrano peppers (optional) or 1 -2 jalapeno pepper, minced (optional)
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans, rinsed, drained
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 1/4 cup green onion, finely sliced
- 1Saute onions, celery, carrots, peppers and garlic in bacon drippings in saucepan over medium heat. Cook until crisp-tender.
- 2Stir in beans, broth and cayenne. Simmer 15 min., stirring occasionally.
- 3Pour soup into food processor or blender container; cover. Process until pureed. (I use an immersion blender, so I puree right in the saucepan.) Return soup to saucepan.
- 4Stir in bacon; cook until heated through, stirring occasionally.
- 5Garnish with green onions if desired.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Bacon Soup
Serving Size: 1 (263 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 500.4
- Calories from Fat 239
- Total Fat 26.6 g
- Saturated Fat 9.3 g
- Cholesterol 32.3 mg
- Sodium 720.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 45.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.3 g
- Sugars 3.8 g
- Protein 20.9 g