Recipe by Halcyon Eve
I love the flavor combination of black beans and avocado! Using reduced fat sour cream and cheese, a serving of 2 tacos is 11 points (WW).
Top Review by JStas12
Yum! I love Mexican food that's still healthy :) I've started making breakfat tacos/burritos in the mornings with eggs, avocado, turkey and cheese - so good and keeps you full all day!
- 2 (15 ounce) cans black beans
- 12 corn tortillas
- 2 ripe avocados, peeled, pitted, and sliced into thin wedges
- 3⁄4 cup nonfat sour cream
- 3⁄4 cup salsa
- 1 bunch cilantro leaf, rinsed and patted dry (optional)
garnishes (as desired)
- shredded lettuce
- shredded cheese
- chopped onion
- hot sauce
Directions See How It's Made
- Drain beans, reserving 1/2 cup of liquid. Rinse beans and drain again.
- Combine beans and reserved liquid in a small saucepan and heat over medium heat until simmering. Simmer 4-5 minutes or until heated through. Cover and set aside to keep warm.
- Meanwhile, heat a nonstick griddle over medium heat. Warm each tortilla on the griddle for about 1 minute each side, or until hot but still soft. Place on plate in oven to keep warm. Continue until all the tortillas are heated. Cover plate of tortillas with foil.
- To serve, spoon some beans down center of hot tortilla. Place a few slices of avocado along the beans. Add any other garnishes as desired, such as cheese or lettuce. Top with a tbsp each of sour cream and salsa and a few leaves of cilantro, if desired. Fold up and eat while still hot.