Yummy black bean soup!
Make and share this Black Bean and Avocado Soup recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin (I use the full 2 tsp)
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne powder (to taste)
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1⁄4-1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3 -4 cups vegetable broth, depending how thin you want it (or chicken broth)
- 2 Hass avocadoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- In a large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil about 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft.
- Add cumin, cayenne powder, cinnamon, salt, sugar and cilanto; sauté an additional 2 to 3 minutes until very fragrant, stirring often.
- Add tomatoes and beans; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- Add broth to the pot and bring to a boil; simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes.
- Puree 1 cup of this mixture and return back to pot.
- Stir in avocado, and lime juice. Heat through.
- Place in serving bowls and sprinkle with shredded cheese.