1/1 Photo of Black Bean and Avocado Soup
Yummy black bean soup!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 red onion, diced
- 5 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 -2 teaspoon ground cumin (I use the full 2 tsp)
- 1/2 teaspoon cayenne powder (to taste)
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/4-1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1/2 cup chopped fresh cilantro
- 6 plum tomatoes, seeded and coarsely chopped
- 3 (15 ounce) cans black beans, drained
- 3 -4 cups vegetable broth, depending how thin you want it (or chicken broth)
- 2 Hass avocadoes, peeled, pitted and diced
- 1 fresh lime, juice of
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese, for garnish
- 1In a large soup pot, saute onion and garlic in olive oil about 5 to 7 minutes, or until soft.
- 2Add cumin, cayenne powder, cinnamon, salt, sugar and cilanto; sauté an additional 2 to 3 minutes until very fragrant, stirring often.
- 3Add tomatoes and beans; cook an additional 2 to 3 minutes.
- 4Add broth to the pot and bring to a boil; simmer gently for 10 to 15 minutes.
- 5Puree 1 cup of this mixture and return back to pot.
- 6Stir in avocado, and lime juice. Heat through.
- 7Place in serving bowls and sprinkle with shredded cheese.
Browse Our Top Black Beans Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Bean and Avocado Soup
Serving Size: 1 (315 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 443.9
- Calories from Fat 186
- Total Fat 20.7 g
- Saturated Fat 6.0 g
- Cholesterol 19.7 mg
- Sodium 225.5 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 48.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 18.5 g
- Sugars 3.5 g
- Protein 20.4 g
The following items or measurements are not included: