Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
Healthy alternative and delicious quesadillas. I got this from Essence magazine. Very easy to make also!
- Mash half the black beans with potato masher until smooth, and mix with remaining whole beans.
- Spread equal parts beans, cheese and jalapenos on flour tortillas.
- Stack second tortilla on top of the filling.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Put two quesadillas in the pan, pressing down with spatula to close.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining two quesadillas.
- Dice avocado, then toss with the lime juice and salt. Serve atop the quesadillas.
A wonderfully easy and quick recipe. Ideal for a week night meal when time is short and energy levels are low. Tasty and delicious and I will definitely be making it again. I also put the avocado into the middle of the tortillas so it was warmed up as well.
I made this last night and am in love!! Instead of putting the avocado on top, I mashed it into the beans (along with the lime juice). I smeared light sour cream on top and served with Black Bean Southwestern salsa and tortilla chips. Num, Num.