Recipe by Missyv482
Healthy alternative and delicious quesadillas. I got this from Essence magazine. Very easy to make also!
Top Review by Kiwi Kathy
A wonderfully easy and quick recipe. Ideal for a week night meal when time is short and energy levels are low. Tasty and delicious and I will definitely be making it again. I also put the avocado into the middle of the tortillas so it was warmed up as well.
- 24 ounces black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of coarsely grated low-fat monterey jack cheese
- 1 thinly sliced jalapeno pepper
- 8 (7 inch) flour tortillas
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 cup of cubed avocado
- 1 tablespoon fresh lime juice
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Mash half the black beans with potato masher until smooth, and mix with remaining whole beans.
- Spread equal parts beans, cheese and jalapenos on flour tortillas.
- Stack second tortilla on top of the filling.
- Heat 1 teaspoon of oil in a large nonstick saute pan over medium-high heat. Put two quesadillas in the pan, pressing down with spatula to close.
- Cook 2 to 4 minutes on both sides.
- Repeat with the remaining two quesadillas.
- Dice avocado, then toss with the lime juice and salt. Serve atop the quesadillas.