Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
Nice and easy dish for brunch or even lunch. I love making frittatas because I don't have to worry about that perfect flip with an omlette. I came up with this by taking your basic ingredients and adding that Mexican style flair that we love. **I've used 8 eggs before when that's all I had and it worked.
- 1 medium onion, chopped
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 large avocados, chopped
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 5 ounces Rotel tomatoes & chilies (half of a 10 ounce can)
- 10 large eggs
- 1⁄3 cup sour cream
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cumin
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- fresh cilantro
- avocado, slices
- fresh tomato, slices
- Saute onion in hot oil in a 12-inch oven-proof skillet over medium-high heat for about 4 minutes, till tender.
- Remove from heat.
- Stir in 1/2 can of Rotel tomatoes and the black beans, sprinkle with avocado.
- Whisk together in bowl eggs, sour cream, salt, pepper and cumin and pour over the avocado/bean mixture in the skillet.
- Bake at 350 for 20-25 minutes.
- Sprinkle top with cheddar cheese and bake 5 more minutes or until set.
- Remove from oven and let stand 5 minutes before serving.
- Serve with your favorite toppings.