1/1 Photo of Black Angus Potato Soup
1 hr 20 mins
This is one of my very favorite soups! I got this recipe off CopyKat.com. Prep time includes baking time for the potatoes.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, dry and prick potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400 for 1 hour or until done. Let cool and cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp, set aside. Use the skins for something else, such as fried potato skins!
- 2Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 3Add potato pulp, salt, peppers, 2 Tbsp green onion, half the bacon, and 1 cup of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in the sour cream.
- 4Add extra milk if necessary for desired consistency.
- 5Serve with remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.
Browse Our Top Chowders Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Chowders Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Angus Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 649.8
- Calories from Fat 447
- Total Fat 49.6 g
- Saturated Fat 26.6 g
- Cholesterol 121.1 mg
- Sodium 829.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 34.0 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 1.0 g
- Protein 18.0 g