Prep 1 hr
Cook 20 mins
This is one of my very favorite soups! I got this recipe off CopyKat.com. Prep time includes baking time for the potatoes.
- Wash, dry and prick potatoes with a fork. Bake at 400 for 1 hour or until done. Let cool and cut in half lengthwise and scoop out the pulp, set aside. Use the skins for something else, such as fried potato skins!
- Melt butter in a heavy saucepan over low heat, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly. Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until the mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add potato pulp, salt, peppers, 2 Tbsp green onion, half the bacon, and 1 cup of the cheese. Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in the sour cream.
- Add extra milk if necessary for desired consistency.
- Serve with remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.
This soup was absolutely fantastic! My husband was ranting and raving about it and now I can hear zzzzz's coming from the other room. That is a sure sign of a happy tummy! Thank you for sharing this wonderful recipe. I will make this again and again.
This is sooooo super yummy. Me and hubby fell in love with this soup at Black Angus, and this tastes exactly like it. I almost forgot to add the cheese and sour cream, and it tasted good even then. I will keep that in mind when I go back to dieting. I didn't really need more bacon on top, because there is so much in the soup already, didn't really need the extra cheese either, but I did top with plenty of green onions and it was super good. Thank goodness there are leftovers. I will have good lunch this week!