Prep 1 hr
Cook 30 mins
My friend found this on copykat.com, my whole family loved it and there were no leftovers. It does turn out really thick, so if you may need to add a little more milk.
- Wash, dry and prick potatoes with fork. Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until done. Let cool. Cut into half length wise and scoop out pulp; set aside. You can throw away the skins or use them for something else.
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over low heat, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons green onion, half the bacon and 1 cup cheese.
- Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream. Add extra milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve with remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.
My husband really loves this soup. We omit the onions because of allergies. Play around with the type of cheese you use. It has infinite possibilities. Enjoy.
This soup is GOOOOOOD! I did make just a few changes to reduce the fat and it was still delicious. I used greek yogurt instead of sour cream and I added bacon bits in the end instead of adding real bacon. I used 2% milk and it was still plenty rich. I will certainly make this recipe again!!!!
this was very good,thanks for sharing