1 hr 30 mins
My friend found this on copykat.com, my whole family loved it and there were no leftovers. It does turn out really thick, so if you may need to add a little more milk.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Wash, dry and prick potatoes with fork. Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until done. Let cool. Cut into half length wise and scoop out pulp; set aside. You can throw away the skins or use them for something else.
- 2Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over low heat, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- 3Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- 4Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons green onion, half the bacon and 1 cup cheese.
- 5Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream. Add extra milk if needed for desired consistency.
- 6Serve with remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.
Browse Our Top Bisques/Cream Soups Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Black Angus Potato Soup
Serving Size: 1 (354 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 542.8
- Calories from Fat 354
- Total Fat 39.4 g
- Saturated Fat 22.9 g
- Cholesterol 108.5 mg
- Sodium 680.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 33.4 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.0 g
- Protein 15.2 g