Recipe by Kevnjess
My friend found this on copykat.com, my whole family loved it and there were no leftovers. It does turn out really thick, so if you may need to add a little more milk.
- 4 large baking potatoes
- 2⁄3 cup butter or 2⁄3 cup margarine
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 6 cups milk
- 3⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 1⁄2 teaspoon white pepper
- 4 green onions, chopped and divided
- 12 slices bacon, cooked and crumbled
- 1 1⁄4 cups cheddar cheese, shredded and divided
- 8 ounces sour cream
Directions See How It's Made
- Wash, dry and prick potatoes with fork. Bake in 400 degree oven for 1 hour or until done. Let cool. Cut into half length wise and scoop out pulp; set aside. You can throw away the skins or use them for something else.
- Melt butter in heavy sauce pan over low heat, add flour, stirring until smooth. Cook 1 minute, stirring constantly.
- Gradually add milk, cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened and bubbly.
- Add potato pulp, salt, pepper, 2 teaspoons green onion, half the bacon and 1 cup cheese.
- Cook until thoroughly heated. Stir in sour cream. Add extra milk if needed for desired consistency.
- Serve with remaining green onions, bacon and cheese.