Recipe by JustaQT
This is a great way to dress up bread. From Copykat.com (http://www.copykat.com)
Top Review by AKillian24
This is it! I at this every day dipped in a bowl of baked potato soup for lunch. It's fantastic! I did't have Montery Jack, so I subbed with a bit of mozzarella and loved it. Mine took longer to toast .. around 8 minutes under the broiler, however this is certainly because I tripled the amount of spread on the bread :) Update: I did this with LF Hellman's mayo and no one knew. Love it!
- 1 loaf French bread
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup shredded asiago cheese, you could try parmesan
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 bunch green onion, chopped
- 2 garlic cloves, pureed
Directions See How It's Made
- Split French bread loaf into halves horizontally.
- Mix butter, cheeses, mayonnaise, green onions and garlic in bowl, blending well.
- Spread the cut side of bread halves with spread.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 7 minutes, and place under broiler about 3 minutes longer.
- Cut into slices& serve.