Recipe by Wheres_the_Beef?
This chili recipe uses black beans, white beans and ground turkey. The earthy flavor of the black beans adds a great flavor and rounds out the flavor of this turkey chili. The combination of black and white beans adds an interesting visual presentation to this chili.
- 44.37 ml vegetable oil
- 236.59 ml yellow onion, diced
- 118.29 ml bell pepper, diced
- 453.59 g ground turkey
- 14.79 ml garlic powder
- 14.79 ml chili powder
- 14.79 ml ground cumin
- 2.46 ml ground coriander
- 2.46 ml dried oregano
- 1.23 ml seasoning salt
- 0.59 ml ground black pepper
- 396.89 g can diced tomatoes with juice
- 170.09 g can tomato paste
- 59.14 ml salsa verde
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 425.24 g can black beans, with liquid
- 425.24 g can white beans, with liquid
- 236.59 ml water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the onions and bell peppers in the cooking oil until the onions are golden brown.
- Add ground turkey and seasonings, crumble turkey, mix well and saute until turkey is browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salsa verde, beef bullion, two cans of beans and 1 cup of water to saucepan.
- Mix well and simmer for 30-minutes, stirring occasionally.