Recipe by Wheres_the_Beef?
This chili recipe uses black beans, white beans and ground turkey. The earthy flavor of the black beans adds a great flavor and rounds out the flavor of this turkey chili. The combination of black and white beans adds an interesting visual presentation to this chili.
- 3 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 cup yellow onion, diced
- 1⁄2 cup bell pepper, diced
- 1 lb ground turkey
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 tablespoon ground cumin
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried oregano
- 1⁄4 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 1⁄8 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1 (14 ounce) can diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 (6 ounce) can tomato paste
- 1⁄4 cup salsa verde
- 1 beef bouillon cube
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, with liquid
- 1 (15 ounce) can white beans, with liquid
- 1 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- In a 3-quart saucepan, saute the onions and bell peppers in the cooking oil until the onions are golden brown.
- Add ground turkey and seasonings, crumble turkey, mix well and saute until turkey is browned.
- Add diced tomatoes, tomato paste, salsa verde, beef bullion, two cans of beans and 1 cup of water to saucepan.
- Mix well and simmer for 30-minutes, stirring occasionally.