Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 30 mins
This is a recipe that I found in a new cookbook that I just received called "Betty Crocker Country Favorites". I can't wait to try this one! Cannellini beans are large, white Italian kidney beans that are quite delicious. SPECIAL UPDATE NOTE 9/20/2008: One helpful reviewer suggested 1/4 - 1/2 teaspoon cheyenne pepper to spice this up a bit. Thanks for sharing!
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 1⁄2 lbs turkey breast tenderloins, cut into 1/2-inch cubes
- 1 medium onion, chopped (1/2 cup)
- 1⁄2 cup anaheim chili, chopped (or you can use poblano chilies)
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- 1 large tomatoes, chopped (1 cup)
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, rinsed and drained
- 1 (15 ounce) can cannellini beans, rinsed and drained
- Heat oil in 3-quart saucepan over medium-high heat. Cook turkey, onion, chilies and garlic in oil, stirring occasionally, until turkey is no longer pink in center and onion is tender.
- Stir in remaining ingredients. Heat to boiling; reduce heat. Cover and simmer 30 minutes, stirring occasionally.
A very nice chili - but I had to spice it up a bit.