Prep 10 mins
Cook 6 hrs
A hearty stew of pork with black and white beans. Every year we have a huge Christmas caroling party and I make 4 or 5 different soups and stews and every year this is the one that gets the rave reviews. It is so easy and so yummy and filling. I cook it in a crockpot, but I'm sure it can be cooked on the stove if you brown the pork first.
- 3⁄4-1 lb boneless pork, cut into 1/2 in. cubes
- 1 (15 ounce) can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (15 ounce) can pinto beans or 1 (15 ounce) canother white beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 (8 ounce) can tomato sauce
- 1 green bell pepper, diced
- 1 medium tomatoes, peeled and chopped or 1⁄2 a can chopped tomato
- 1 small onion, sliced
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1 teaspoon ground cumin
- 1 tablespoon chili powder
- If using fresh tomato, peel by droping in a pot of boiling water, immediatly removing and droping in a bowl of ice water and peeling. You can leave the skin on, it is personal preference.
- Chop pork and place in a crockpot. Dump all the other ingredients on top. Stir.
- Cook on Low for 6 hours.