Recipe by Redsie
Mmmmmm! Chocolate and cream cheese.... Mmmmm! Need I say more! :)
Top Review by Ginger Rose
I liked these but I couldn't get them to cook through to the middle so most of them have runny centres. I tried baking them for another 5 - 6 minutes but they were starting to burn on the top by that point. It could just be that my oven is not quite up to it...who knows! Sorry to give so little stars!
- 4 ounces light cream cheese, softened
- 3 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 2 cups flour
- 1⁄2 cup granulated sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa, sifted if lumpy
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 large egg
- 1 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup margarine, melted
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese and first amount of sugar in small bowl until smooth. Set aside.
- Measure next 6 ingredients into large bowl. Stir. Make a well in centre.
- Combine remaining 3 ingredients in separate small bowl. Add to well. Stir until just moistened. Fill 12 greased muffin cups 1/2 full.
- Make small dent in batter with back of spoon. Spoon about 2 1/2 teaspoons (12 mL) cream cheese mixture into each dent. Spoon remaining batter over top. Bake in 375°F oven for 18 to 20 minutes until firm to the touch. Let stand in pan for 5 minutes before removing to wire rack to cool. Makes 12 muffins.