Recipe by amandabroten1
A very good, spicy, tasty, and filling soup.
Top Review by iris5555
I agree that the amount of flour could be reduced by about half. I used 12 oz of frozen corn and would use about half of that the next time. I found that this was quite bland so added some adobo sauce and added diced chipotle. The soup was filling, if not the most flavorful.
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1 garlic clove, minced
- 1⁄4 cup flour
- 1 (1 1/4 ounce) packageortega taco seasoning mix
- 2 cups milk
- 1 (14 ounce) can chicken broth
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen corn
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canjoan of arc great northern beans, drained
- 1 (15 1/2 ounce) canjoan of arc black beans, drained
- 1 (4 ounce) canortega diced green chilies
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh cilantro
Directions See How It's Made
- Heat oil in large pan or Dutch oven over medium-high heat.
- Add onion and garlic; cook until onion is tender.
- Stir in flour and taco seasoning mix.
- Gradually stir in milk until blended.
- Add remaining ingredients except cilantro.
- Bring to a boil, stirring constantly.
- Reduce heat to low; simmer 15 minutes or until thicken, stirring occasionally.
- Stir in cilantro.
- And Enjoy!