Prep 15 mins
Cook 4 hrs
From Everyday Food.
- 24 chocolate sandwich style cookies
- 2 pints vanilla ice cream, left on counter for 30 minutes
- 1 tablespoon butter, melted
- Coarsely chop six cookies, set aside. Process 10 cookies in food processor until fine crumbs form. Add butter and process until combined. Transfer to springform pan. Press crust firmly into pan. Place 8 cookies around the perimeter, leaving 1/2 inch border at edge of pan.
- Dollop ice cream evenly over entire crust using a 1/4 cup measuring cup. Using a rubber spatula, spread the ice cream so that it forms a smooth, even layer. Sprinkle reserved chopped cookies around outer inch of cake forming a border all around the edge of the cake.
- Freeze for 4 hours. Can be made up to a week in advance if covered in plastic wrap. To unmold, run a warm damp cloth or sponge around outside of springform pan. Lift removable bottom out of pan and transfer for serving plate.