- 1 1⁄2 cups flour
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cocoa
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup water
- 5 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon cider vinegar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
chocolate chip filling
- 8 ounces cream cheese
- 1 egg
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 8 ounces ghirardelli milk chocolate chips
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, stir together the first 5 ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat together water, oil and vanilla.
- Gradually add to the dry ingredients, stirring until well blended.
- Fill 18 cupcake liners half full of batter.
- Beat the filling ingredients and put a tablespoon of the filling on each cupcake, on top of the chocolate batter.
- Bake at 350°F for 25 minutes.